kitchen tease

The kitchen is almost done! All that staring yesterday gave me just the boost I needed to finish the job. Now for the task of photographing it all and inviting you in. Here’s a sneak peek, a special Friday the 13th preview.peek

Turns out its really difficult to photograph black cabinets. I’ll be working on that this weekend so I can show you the whole thing next week. In the meantime while you have kitchens on the brain, head on over to My First Kitchen.

banner

She’s hosting a survey about cooking habits and could really use your help. It takes about 25 seconds to complete. And you can win free spices, so its totally worth it. Take the survey here. Enjoy your weekend!

Admin Note: The comments are going to look a little crazy for the next day or so, but they’ll still work just fine.

Comments

I can’t wait to see all of it! Mine’s not totally done either but I lived on the edge and posted my reveal this week anyway :) I love Anthropologie knobs and am very impressed with you finding similar ones at Hobby Lobby. I have to check that out next time I’m there.

2. Sara says

You are killing me! After seeing your kitchen at your previous house, I took the plunge and painted my cabinets black. I’m just dying to see what you did this time around! Well, not actually dying, but I’m really anxious! ;-)

Can’t wait to see your kitchen!

Regarding your last post, I saw the picture and my heart skipped a beat. Why? Because I heart HHI. The man and I honeymooned there over 13 years ago. And for the last 12 years, my entire family (mom, dad, sibs, spouses, and kids) have gone there at the beginning of every summer. I love it there. I want to live there. Too bad it costs 5 million dollars for a house.

Emily I’ve been way out of the loop and I just figured out why: I deleted your old blog address when you were changing it and never added the new one. I was wondering why you hadn’t posted in so long, and come to find out it was my fault and you were here all along. Can’t wait to see your kitchen!!

Oh, I have to wait two entire days? This is very, very difficult for an impulsive gal like me! I wish I could paint something, anything, so I am living vicariously through you and others until my situation improves….so please post fifty, or five, photos! Please and thank you!

Yeah, I’m dying here. Remember when I asked if I could copy you? How can I if I don’t have pictures? No kidding, I’ve already told our renovators that the cabinets would be black. I’m excited to see it all. And the knobs? Gorgeous.

I LOVE your black cabinets. I have a kitchen that has a black and white tile floor and have been thinking about painting my light cabinets black for a while but was scared of ruining them. Can you tell me how you prepped them? Did you just sand? Also, did you take them down? Did you paint the inside? Did you coat them with a polyurethane? Sorry for the questions but you have inspired me to actually try it :)