practicing rest with ice cream

I have so enjoyed the writers who have been guest posting over the past few weeks. Aren’t they fantastic? I have more to come in the next few weeks and I am ever so grateful for them. Their writing this week has enabled me to practice rest with my family. It takes effort and purpose to turn off the mind of worry and anxiety, to close the door on the running to-do’s and to simply decide to be together. I am thankful for this freedom weekend to do just that. And now it’s time for a random question:

When you eat mint chocolate chip ice cream, do you like it white or green?

Comments

I’ve never had the white kind. And I lost my first tooth eating green mint chocolate chip at Kopp’s Custard in Milwaukee– so I have a bit of an emotional attachment to the green stuff. :)
    Erin´s last blog post ..Let Them Eat Cake Maybe

2. Susan says

White! But I live in Europe and it’s hard to find over here. They don’t believe in mixing their mint and chocolate, either :-)

Mint chocolate chip is my favorite. I should have know that you love it too. : )

When I was younger and never considered the evils of artificial color, I loved it green. Now that I am a mom and therefore feel guilty about every inconsequential thing under the sun, I like it white…

But Ill eat it any way it’s served and enjoy every last bite.
    The Scooper´s last blog post ..Aargh Mateys-

Neither. I don’t do mint ice cream…..yech, and i also don’t really like chocolate all that much, unless it’s the really fudgy kink. Sorry, but i just don’t like it. I’m a french vanilla type of gal.
    linda´s last blog post ..X is for Xcellant-

White… which is the color of practicing rest and breathing deep and all the space I feel inside when I visit you in this space.

I am praying for you words, Emily, and how far they are going to go in the world to change the world. He is strong in you!

Every blessing on your weekend … and your piled high ice cream!

All’s grace,
    Ann
    Ann Voskamp@Holy Experience´s last blog post ..weekends are for simplicity

Ice Cream. I’ve never felt the power of suggestion so strongly as I do right now. Particularly for chocolate mint ice cream. I didn’t even know it came in white. Off to buy some.
    Dana

Breyer’s!!! White!!! There is no other!!! Can you tell I’m very certain of myself here??? Beth, can you and I be BFF’s?

I have been thanking God for this long weekend and the endless sunshine He’s showering on us. He is too, too good! Have a blessed, beautiful Fourth of July weekend with your beautiful family, Emily. Savor every bit of it, right down to the last chocolate chip at the bottom of the bowl. Love you!

Mint chip is my favorite and I like it green! I’ve been enjoying the guest posts and still hope to submit a post one of these days, but we’ve been enjoying lots of family time and I haven’t had quiet to try and write. Happy 4th!
    Mindy´s last blog post ..Soccer In the Blood-

I don’t know why, but I have an aversion to green mint chip ice cream. I always tell my daughter that all the green is is added food coloring, but I don’t have a problem with food coloring in anything else. So I don’t know what my deal is, but I want it to be white.

xo Erin

Practicing rest with ice cream? A girl after my own heart. This is an important question. My husband loves green mint and I love love love Breyer’s Mint Chocolate Chip more than any other. Although truth be told, I’ll not pass up ice cream of any flavor. :)
    Danielle´s last blog post ..Backyard Fun

Green. There is just something about green that connects the mint in my brain, like an Andes mint, versus when it’s white, I think of the peppermint mint. Does that make sense?

My favorite ice cream discovery this summer so far has been green mint choco chip ice cream with Hershey’s dark chocolate fudge sauce. Oh, so very good!
    Monica @ The Writer Chic´s last blog post ..“T” is for TWO

Hi Emily,
    I’m reading your blog on vacation — that’s how much I love it! Just stopping in for a respite during a frenzied July 4 weekend. Thank you for giving me a breath of peace! Loved your guest posts this week. And for the record…definitely green.

13. rhonda says

I personally prefer white, but if I get it with green, it grosses my kids out and they won’t ask for “just a bite of mine”….(selfish of me, I know) And this, coming from kids that eat the most gross combinations imaginable!

I prefer white, but sometimes – when green is the only option – I’ll choose green. I’m the opposite with pistachio ice cream though.