tea on a tuesday

There was plenty to do today. There always is. But out of all the things I made decisions about and all the choices I chose to choose, my best one by far was saying yes to the tea party. It didn’t feel like the best one at the time. It was messy and they fought a little at first over the sugar spoon. But looking back over the day, that tea party was the best part of it.

Is there a gift-like decision in your life today? Is there a moment you would like to unwrap here with us? The guidelines for Tuesdays Unwrapped are here. In summary, link up with the permalink to your unwrapped post, or your link will be deleted. I would also ask, as a courtesy, that you would please link back here to Chatting at the Sky by either using the button or a text link somewhere in your post. Thank you.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Comments

Thank you for the gentle reminder…it’s been too entirely long since I’ve had a tea party with my girls. They’ll be so happy tomorrow to have me pull out my favorite (cracked) childhood tea set!

what a wonderful post… it conjures up the most sweet images, and reminds me that it’s the little things in life that count. thanks for hosting~ i love tuesdays.
    patty´s last blog post ..Meme

Little girl tea parties.
    I never did that with my girls. I have wished over the years that i had, so, two years ago i took 3 of them to a tea at my sister’s house. My daughters, now grown mom’s, enjoyed it so much.
    Tea parties are great, no matter the age.
    Great memories to store away.
    And, i love the photo of the cup.
    linda´s last blog post ..The Invasion

Isn’t it a good feeling to do something that you know you don’t really have time to do? Because, of course, you don’t have time NOT to. I’m proud of you for pausing–and I thank you for sharing that with us.
    Richella´s last blog post ..Love grows

a tea party sounds delightful. I doubt my boys would really love it though. Maybe a year or two and my daughter will be all about such girlie things. :)
    Erin´s last blog post ..Empty

sitting here catching up on yesterday’s posts over morning coffee and laughing because you just described me perfectly – would rather not finger paint, play tea party or make playdough because of the mess, the invevitable bickering, the cleanup after. and yet, there is always that moment or two that makes it all worthwhile. have a great wednesday!

I know what you mean. Today I said “yes” to video-gaming with my boy. He’s 6. We played Ratatouille on Playstation 2 and I wanted to say “no.” Forty-five minutes later, we had bonded and high-fived and I am now the coolest mom ever. My kitchen is a mess and I don’t know what we’re having for dinner but saying “yes” counts for a lot I think.
    The Scooper´s last blog post ..Michigan Love