i turned it in

It was the evening of July 19, exactly one week ago today. The Man was in Peru on a mission trip, the kids were with my parents for the week, and I was sitting sweaty in my workout clothes when I realized, I’m finished. There is not one more thing I can do with this manuscript in my  hands. I emailed my editor and she heartily welcomed me to send it her way.

And so at 6:01pm, I crafted the email, attached the document, and waited to hear the angels sing. They didn’t. I tried to call my girl, Kendra for encouragement to hit send. No answer. Then, I tried to call my parents for the same thing. Voice mail. And so I said out loud to Jesus, Here we go, Lord. As I quickly hit the send button, all those words and heart and tears and joy slipped quietly, invisibly away across the internets into the inbox of my editor.

I finished two weeks early. What an overwhelming relief.

Comments

Congratulations, Emily! I cannot wait to see the finished product. In my heart, I am still a teenager. So I’m pretty sure it’ll be relavent.

God Bless you on your NEXT journey, be it big or small…
    Karin

Well, I’ve got good news for you then, Karin b/c this one isn’t a teen book :) I’m writing the teen one second so its not due til February…Thanks for the congrats!

Praying hard, Emily, that you feel peace in these coming weeks and months. Allow yourself the rest you so abundantly deserve! (But man, is this exciting or what???)

3. Brooke says

Wow – what a moment. What an accomplishment. In your silent house/with your finished document, wondering if you turned on your favorite song and sang at the top of your lungs. Or busted a little dance move. Or just giggled. Something. :)
    (Yes, funny that I’m doing all this imagining and I really don’t know you — but I’m still really excited for you. This is huge! :)

I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately as I knew the deadline was approaching. A big congrats to you! Now go enjoy a cup of coffee without the computer in front of you!.

WhooooooHoooooo. We turned in our babies on the same day!!! How exciting. That is like giving birth on the same maternity floor on the same day!! I am so excited and proud of you. Can’t wait to read your book. And I can’t wait to see you this weekend and celebrate!!! Let’s get a photo together with Andrea, too, okay?

Just catching up on your blog, reading the last 3 posts…and I see this. Joy! Relief! Hope!

Congratulations on finishing your ms draft — I just KNOW your editor is going to love it!!!

Now kick back and take a nap, will ya?
    Michelle @ Graceful´s last blog post ..Prone to Wander

Wow!!! I can only imagine what a wonderful feeling that must have been! Congratulations on a job well done! I look forward to reading all about the next steps & where God leads you next…you are a wonderful inspiration! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
    Melanie H.´s last blog post ..Sisters

Well done Emily!! I can’t imagine the emotions as you watched it go. I am so proud of your faithful commitment to do what you have been gifted to do. You encourage me!
    It will be such a joy to read that book.
    Linda´s last blog post ..Always-Never

Such a short post and yet I sit here weeping little tears of joy—for you and for the hope in my heart that this can be my story one day, too. Writing to save my family, my house, to prove to myself I can come out the other side.

Wishing you all the best. Can’t wait to be one of the first to buy :)

You go, girl! I can’t imagine the relief. It’s in His hands now…of course it has been all along. I’m sure I speak for many when I say that we anxiously await the official publication of your message. I’m so, so proud of you!
    The Scooper´s last blog post ..Do You See What I See

Oh, that’s so exciting! I just read this today, so I’ll pour in some more prayers for you and family as the editor/agent gets into your manuscript. Praying that your words in print will touch innumerable people with the amazing heart you share so well online!

-Laurie
    Laurie Wallin´s last blog post ..Losing My Baggage on Vacation

Wow.

I was out of town last week, in California for a retreat. Now I’m back in North Carolina, but my brain is still in California, it seems. I’ve been so slow to catch up with things around here.

Finally, finally I’m getting around to reading my favorite blogs. And I discover that, while I was gone, you posted this.

Oh, Emily, I am so happy for you. I’ve only met you IRL one time, yet you’ve been on my heart so much over this past year. And now my heart is dancing. I find myself jumping up and down with excitement for you. I can’t wait to buy your book, at which point I will shamelessly ask for you to autograph it. Then I will read it and treasure the fact that I know the author. :)

God bless you as you rest and recover from this part of the work and ready yourself for the next part. I pray that your soul is breathing–big, life-giving gulps of fresh air. Congratulations!
    Richella´s last blog post ..A tiny transformation