together on a tuesday

“All who would win joy must share it; happiness was born a twin.”  -Lord Byron

They have always been buddies, but as we approach first grade this week, they seem to have grown into more. They are connected, these two. They are connected in ways I am understanding less about, but appreciating more. I have of course always been thankful for them, but the feel of this thankfulness changes as they grow. As those long restless nights of nursing two at once have faded fuzzy, I have a growing respect for the gift of twins, for the beauty of two girls at one time and what it will mean for them for a lifetime. I take great comfort in knowing they will always have each other.

Is there a gift that has slowly changed form over time? Are there small, subtle gifts in your hands even now? The guidelines for Tuesdays Unwrapped are here. In summary, link up with the permalink to your unwrapped post, or your link will be deleted. I would also ask, as a courtesy, that you would please link back here to Chatting at the Sky by either using the button or a text link somewhere in your post. Thank you.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Comments

they truly are such sweet girls. and the gift they have is a treasure. i remember when they were those tiny little bundles, how people would say, “Oh, twins…double, trouble,” but how you would cheerfully and boldly say back, “Twice the BLESSING!” ;) how true, how true.
    Melissa´s last blog post ..Truth Be Told

I have always wondered what it is like to be a twin–is it odd? Then I remind myself that it’s all they know…it’s normal to them. I think it’s a gift to have a friend from before you were born…
    dawn´s last blog post ..the furry watchman

my prayer for my twins is that they have the same friendship that your girls have. it is so amazing having 2 at one time. watching both, growing with both as their mom. it’s such a gift.

thanks for hosting. this is my second time to link with you. both times i have had difficulty copy/pasting your button. i’d like to think i’m pretty savvy doing the button thing but yours & another blog i link to once in a while has given me issues.

i did just copy the actual pic of your button & place a link in with the post, fyi. just couldn’t make your button work. hope that is ok with you & that i still linked up.

thanks,
    kellie
    this blessed nest´s last blog post ..Its our choice not to rush

Love that photograph. Your girls are so beautiful.

Being an identical twin has been one of God’s greatest gifts. It’s like no other relationship on earth, a blessing hard to describe. I know there were times, growing up, when Gayle and I tended to shut out the rest of the world, including our own dear mother, no doubt, but it wasn’t intentional; just a twin thing.

Beautiful post.
    Dayle´s last blog post ..A Dead Transmission A Day to Remember

I don’t have twins, but I have been friends with twins growing up and even as I child I could see that sense of togetherness and unity between two people that is unlike anything else. What a sweet photo.

6. Amy says

The simple realization that although the days can sometimes (okay, most of the time) be long, the years are oh, so very short! Walking this morning with a *new* friend who is in her eighth month of pregnancy, I wasn’t able to clearly recall specific details of whether I was “always tired?” when my bundle of joy was born and so confidently answering my new friend was difficult. The joy to unwrap today and to share with her is that those details really don’t matter. It’s the longer view…the six years later perspective. That, today taking time to make my son an extra special, very yummy (and quite good-for-you!) breakfast was important to me…to give myself permission to get to work later just to spend that time literally nurturing the moments of freshness and happiness that define the character of my child.

How sweet! I love that picture too! My youngest started 1st grade and one started Jr. High, one started High School and one started College this year. It’s been a tough week for me. Thanks for this lovely party every week. Now I’m going to go cry some more.
    Leanne´s last blog post ..His Best Day Ever

My baby Twin girls just started Jr. High this year! :( I too have always loved the gift of Twins! :)

The best description of the Twin bond I have found was in a book called Dancing Naked in Front of the Fridge, and other lessons from Twins (written by Twin sisters Nancy Sipes PHD & Janna Sipes JD) They explain it something like this: Have you ever had a best friend? Someone you were so close with you knew what each other was thinking, someone who you could (& did) finish each others sentences? Now imagine if EVERY one of your life experiences, were the exact same as hers. Your first day of school, was her first day of school. Your first Dr. apt., family trip, etc, etc. That really helped me to understand & help nourish the relationship between my girls.

My mother was a twin, and I hope for twins, too. I am a bit jealous on such a beautiful connection that goes well beyond words. Even if my younger sister and I are really close, my mother and aunt always surprise with the intensity of their relationship, even if they are 3000 km apart.
    Have a beautiful Tuesday!
    anka´s last blog post ..My slippers on the beach

this is making me smile…thinking of my sister and how we have grown into so much more (which has made the parting so much harder.) we are not twins, nor are any of my trio of girls twins, but the sentiment resonates with me. love your sweet words.
    adornedlife´s last blog post ..it’s just funny