she can laugh at the 31 days to come

The days I have coming are filled with lots of writing. As you know, I turned in the manuscript for my first book back in July. Since then, my editor has finished reading it and I can breathe a heavy sigh of sweet relief at her kind words. As I prepare to receive her edits, I also got word that my second book deadline has been extended from February to September. That means I have a full year to finish the second book.

Still, I have to finish the second book. This time, not for grown ups, but for girls still in the process of becoming who they will be. Perhaps I should just call them ‘teenage girls’ because aren’t we all still in the process of becoming who we will be? And I will soon be asking your help, because as of now, neither one of these books has a title. A title is the most important part, as I nearly always judge books by their covers. Don’t you? But there are other things coming, too.

Because I am no longer under such a tight deadline, I feel free to write here with a bit more frequency and heart. And I am so excited about what’s coming. Thanks to my sister The Nester for the idea gathering and Pro-Blogger Darren Rowse for the inspiration, during October, I will join seven other bloggers in writing a month long series unique to our individual blogs and messages. Each one of us will develop 31 posts based on things we are excited to talk about. Do you want to see who is involved?

The Nester from Nesting Place: 31 Days to a Less Messy Nest

Emily from Remodeling This Life :: 31 Days of Living Simply

Jen from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam :: 31 Days to More . . . with Less

Melissa from The Inspired Room :: 31 Days of Autumn Bliss

Sandy from Reluctant Entertainer :: 31 Days to Stress-Free Entertaining

Kendra from My First Kitchen :: 31 Days to an Inspired Table

Darcy of My 3 Boybarians :: 31 Days to a Better Photo

And here, at Chatting at the Sky :: 31 Days of Grace

I know there are still five weeks until October, but it is certainly fun to anticipate an entire month of focus, whether it be getting tips on keeping my nest less messy, or issuing an invitation for you to breathe deeply of sweet grace. I hope you will enjoy it. In the meantime, I will be writing. And drinking coffee. And fixing a few dinners. And stuff.

Comments

I. Am. Thrilled. I can’t wait to learn more from these wise and kind women. And I can’t wait to read more of your heart, Emily.

On another note, I just got up not too long ago and that coffee looks really good! Time to head to the kitchen.
    Imperfect´s last blog post ..A New Year

Thanks Shelly! And actually, I’m pretty nervous about digging into the younger girl book. I agree with you that there isn’t a lot out there – and part of that is because it is so stinkin hard to get it right so nobody wants to do it! But I’m sure gonna try.

What an awesome series. You can imagine, perhaps, that your topic particularly caught my eye. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

And congratulations on the extension for the second book. February seemed awfully soon to get that done. September sounds a lot more do-able!
    Richella´s last blog post ..Resting

I can’t imagine trying to tackle a book with as much responsibility as speaking to the hearts of young women, but there cannot be someone more perfect for that job than you.

October – your posts always seem to whisper to me. Your gentle character is 31 small doses is just what my October needs.

xo
    darcy @ m3b´s last blog post ..31 Days…

I’m so excited! I just read this announcement over at your sister’s blog. Now I’m really looking forward to October, and it’s not just because of cool weather, orange leaves, and pumpkin spice lattes!

P.S. I totally judge books by their cover. Always. I try not to do so, but it’s hard. Every picture and title evokes certain feelings and thoughts.
    Rachel´s last blog post ..Blog Updates

To some extent, yes, the cover is important. But other than the back and/or inside cover description and any reviews I might have read, the next most important thing to me is the author photograph. It has to look like someone agreeable.

(I think maybe we talked about this before?)
    Kari´s last blog post ..Beginning again

October is turning out to be such a blessed month for me, and reading this note this morning is just sweet, sweet icing on the cake! Very much looking forward to it- each one of you are such fabulous, wonderful girls, and it will be a joy to learn from all of you.
    Joy´s last blog post ..Cracked mirrors…

OK…seriously…I just finished, I mean JUST finished a series like this on my blog. Dude…I’m late. Or early, as it were. I don’t have it in me to do another. So, I guess I’ll just enjoy yours. :)

Blessings,