a fun announcement

Every now and then, I meet someone who reads my blog and also reads The Nester’s blog but doesn’t know we’re sisters. Just a few weeks ago, she and I were together chatting with someone who reads both of us and one of us said ‘my sister’ and she flipped. out. Didn’t know we were sisters. Good times.

There’s something really magical about having a sister. Here you are, a grown up person, but there is this other grown up person who knew you when you were a little person. And she has the same parents! It’s like, she’s kind of me. But not. I’m friends with myself. Except so much better. Because I would get on my own nerves, but she? Is fantastic. And supportive. And hilarious. And thinks I’m funny even when I am not.

You know the best part about writing a book? Having a sister who is excited that you wrote a book. And so she’s hosting a party to prove it. Go on over to her place for the preliminary details. And if you live within a reasonable distance to Charlotte, save the date and I hope to see you there!

Comments

1. Reese says

I also read The Nester’s blog and at some point, discovered that you were sisters. But, a couple of weeks ago, I realized that I also read your Dad’s blog! Yes, I had a mild flip-out. I mean seriously, what are the chances of coming across all three of your blogs?

I’m very glad each of you is blogging. I enjoy every post!

You described sisters so well. You can just feel the excitement in the Nester’s announcement. So sweet. I hope to be able to make it to Charlotte to meet you both in person.

Great picture! I’d love to come but I’m on the opposite coast. I’ll be there in my heart, though. Can’t wait to read your new book. Congratulations, that is quite an accomplishment! Have a great time celebrating!

Such beautiful ladies you both are. And so fortunate to have one another! I only have 2 older brothers that I very rarely speak too. I do hope my own daughters grow up to appreciate the relationship they have. So far they get along very well, but are total opposites.

Wishing you a fabulous party!

Ah I know what you mean about Sisters! I love the excitement your sister has for you. My twin sister is being induced tonight to have her 1st baby! The excitement that I feel for her definitely equals the excitement I felt with the birth of my 2 children. I’m just a few hours away from Charlotte. I may have to look into a road trip!

Congrats ~ Mary

Let’s see, Orlando is a reasonable distance, right? How fun, I hear she throws a great party. Be sure to breathe and don’t hide, since it is for you!!!!

this may be the best description of sisters i have ever read. so much so that i quoted you on my facebook status. excited for your book! for some reason i thought it came out later in september and a friend and i were talking about it and i said, well, let me look it up, and she was excited when she found out i was wrong. she had hoped sooner rather than later. :) blessings to you and your sis.

so fun!

i never had a sister {4 brothers!} but having girls now myself i dream of this for them~

and so excited about the book. funny, i don’t even “know” you and yet i feel nervous and excited and even weird and teary eyed for you all at the same time – it’s been neat walking this journey with you. thanks for taking us along.

9. ~Bambi says

Love the love between you two sisters! Refreshing to see this kind of support for one another.

God Bless You and Congratulations on the book!

That’s too funny. I just started reading both y’all’s blogs – had no idea you were sisters.

Well, congrats! PS – you have the best name in the world. ;)

Sisters are one of God’s best gifts. I’m so thankful for mine!

Congrats on the book! I pre-ordered from B&N and can’t wait to get it. :)