grace for your pocket

“Peace is My continual gift to you … I have designed you to need Me moment by moment. As your awareness of your neediness increases, so does your realization of my abundant sufficiency. I can meet every one of your needs without draining My resources at all.”

Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

The clock said 3:42 when I woke up this morning. It was one of those wakings where you know you’re not going back to sleep. My first thought when I walked down the stairs was I need to make a list. This is not a good sign. When you wake up before 4 in the morning thinking you need to make a list, something is a little off.

Still, I found my Moleskine, grabbed a fat pen, and made a ridiculous list while the coffee brewed. The list is impossible. I promise. I know you believe me because I’m fairly certain you carry some version of your own impossible list. And so those words above from today’s Jesus Calling can be a daily grace for us both.

Comments

1. Anna says

Amen. Yay that He worked the night shift, never slept, was waiting in your morning and that He’s gone before you into today. Enjoy it! X

I cannot tell you how many times in the last few weeks I have awakened at 3 am… And I do not have babies! As much as i think I need sleep, I always need HIM more and He meets me every time. :)

As always, I write with a grateful pen for your post. And yes I know I am typing. Praying your day will be free of worry, fatigue, and the burden of list.

This is truly freeing and overflowing with encouragement. Thanks for letting us glimpse it too.

Rest well tonight in His arms.

Oh yes, I specialize in impossible lists! Copied this verse into my journal this morning. Much needed words, thank you for sharing them with us. A deep breath…
    Maureen´s last blog post ..Prickly Pear

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same topics? Thanks!
    Blanca´s last blog post ..Oklahoma City bombing

3:42 is too early for Reveille. Honestly, it’d take a bugle to get me out of bed at that time most mornings. But when things are a little off? Thank God for coffee. And Moleskines. And Jesus.

I’ll sing it for you again, and just keep singing even if I get voted off:

Grace to you
    Grace to you
    May grace abound in all you do–
    Grace to do the will of the Father–
    Grace, grace to you.

Love you lots.
    Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog post ..My favorite kitchen gadgets

7. Jeannie S says

It’s nice to know we all struggle with way too much to do and not enough time. The washer and fridge need repairs, the dog’s toenail is bleeding all over the house, the dust is everywhere and the ironing pile is high. He knows all these things and it sure feels good to just sit down with Him knowing He’s got it covered in ways I don’t know about. Blessings!

8. Sissy says

I often wake up in the middle of the night and read an article the other day about how we can help our bodies wind down better. It was about cultivating stillness in the middle of your day, so your body recognizes stillness in the night. It was an interesting concept, but I guess teaching your body to be still when you are awake might help. I hate those nights when I know I won’t go back to sleep, and I lay there and pray for rest.

We should have chatted, Emily – I was up at 2:45 a.m…making a list (in my head – the worst kind! You were smart to write it down!). I went back to sleep though, finally, after writing like a whole convoluted blog post in my head, which I realized when I woke up this morning that I will never write. Don’t you hate that? {please tell me I’m not the only one who writes crazy blog posts in her head in the middle of the night?}
    Michelle DeRusha@Graceful´s last blog post ..The Necklace {part two…after 35 years}