God is graceful and you are brave

This weekend I’m headed to the mountains with our youth group for their annual fall retreat. My small group girls are seniors this year  so this will be their last one. Since I just wrote a book for teen girls — what? You haven’t heard me talking incessantly about it for the past 3 weeks? — students are on my mind.

I think about these girls and the stuff they deal with everyday and I just want them to know the truth – that they are loved, brave, and free. If you love a girl, I know you want that for her, too.

This graphic is actually a card. On the back of this card, a lovely truth.

There are seven more cards similar to this one, each card corresponding with a different chapter of Graceful. I’ll have these cards with me to give you when I speak at various places this fall. But if you would like a pack of these cards sent to your house to give to your girl (or let’s be honest, to keep for yourself), simply finish this statement in the comments:

“Because God is graceful, I am …”

I’ll announce 5 winners of the cardpacks on Friday September 28 on my Facebook page. Confession: I was more giddy when these cards arrived in the mail than when I got my first copy of the book. Confession complete.

Comments

1. qian says

Because God is graceful, I am safe :)
    (like a graceful net, He will safely catch me when I fall. in a graceful and giddy way :D so I won’t have to worry! :) )

Because God is graceful, I am able to wake up every day with a renewed faith and spirit, and an understanding that God’s plan for me will be revealed in His time. I am so lucky to wake up to a loving husband and three beautiful children. I do not take a moment for granted.
    Brittany Griffin´s last blog post ..Toddler Lesson # 342

3. Tammy LeGlue says

Because God is graceful, I am free to be who He created me to be. I am free to find my value and my identity in Him. I am free to serve Him because I love Him.

Because God is graceful, I am deeply loved.

(Hey, you should sell those cardpacks, should there be any left over after your speaking gigs. I’d buy them. My friends and I are all beyond our senior year, but I’d love to give sets to them, and to the girls in our church’s youth group.
    Leanne Shawler´s last blog post ..Joy Dare Monday: small things

5. Kay B says

ok, I’m just gonna claim Brave for myself. Because God is Graceful I am brave. His power working through me to accomplish His will makes me brave!

6. jacqueline says

Because I am forgiven I am able to live free because God washes away my shame and guilt and turns my sorrow into joy!!! So grateful for our God

7. Jessica says

Because God is graceful I am free to be BOLD in who I AM, not who I was.

Being redeemed from a past of many sins, for a while I was stuck with the identity of the testimony of who I was. It was through Father’s grace that I learned that I can be bold and impactful, celebrating who I AM, not who I was.

8. Loren says

Because God is graceful, I am able to live free of fear and self-doubt.

I agree the other post – you should sell these cards. I daughter would love them (and so would I)!

9. Claire says

Because God is graceful, and no longer remembers my sins, I need to forget them as well. Emily, I am reading your new book and hate to admit that I am enjoying it more than I did the first one. I hope to come see you in Columbia in November.

because God is graceful … I am slowly becoming me

I just feel there is so much more to discover, so much more of his grace and my identity in him still to be revealed

…graceful, too. With Christ living in me, no matter where I go, no matter who I’m with, no matter what I’m doing, He’s there. His grace is there. He’s reflecting His grace on me. He’s reflecting it through me. Grace IS part of my skin I wear every day.
    Rebekah Lyon´s last blog post ..Photo

Because God is graceful, I am able to receive His love. I can see myself through His eyes. Because God is graceful, I can love myself. I can accept my own flaws, as well as others’. I can live freely, I can pour out grace, I can love because He first loved me. Because God is graceful, I don’t have to be perfect. Because God is graceful, I can see my worth. Because God is graceful, I am secure. Because God is graceful, I. have. hope.

Clearly, I need to read your book. :) This post transported me back 20 years to high school. Still fighting off ghosts from those years. God is breaking me free from so much. Thank you for being brave, Emily, and for writing what God has placed on your heart.

And I love the cards. :)
    Jen´s last blog post ..seek first

13. Rachael says

Because God is graceful, I am able to rest in the shelter of his loving arms knowing I am safe even when I don’t feel safe.

14. Diana says

Because God is graceful, I am brave because His soul-piercing joy-filled love has gracefully changed me to know His Word and to have the courage to leave a church that held me in bondage to their man-made teachings & rules! Praise Jesus!

15. Marci says

Because God is graceful, I am free to be me – exactly who He created me to be (and not pretend to be someone I *think* I should be).

Because God is graceful, I am not alone. Even when I feel that way.

Because God is graceful, I am forgiven. Even when I’m not forgiving towards others.

Because God is graceful, I always have an advocate. Even when my friends leave me in a lurch.

Because God is graceful, I am surrounded by beauty. And overwhelmingly blessed with innumerable gifts!

Because God is graceful, I am free to be me. No matter if the world thinks I am totally weird.
    Amanda´s last blog post ..Because Every Life is Beautiful

17. Val says

Because God is graceful, I am free to spend more time doing the things He’s given me a passion for, and less time holding up a perfect image.

18. Jen says

Because God is Graceful….I can be bold, step-up and
    be the mom He wants me to be for my 3 daughters.
    Just bought Graceful….so excited.
    Thanks.

19. Sarah Westphal says

Because God is graceful, He knows that though I haven’t found Him yet I am still searching. And will continue searching.