Comments

Amen. And Amen. I need this.

By the way, I loved your post yesterday. It resonated way down deep. I took a silent-ish retreat during the summer but couldn’t really write about it until last week. The last 4 points you made, about sin, grief, hope–those were very much my experience as well. It simply took getting away for all of it to rise to the surface.
    Scooper´s last blog post ..Dish: Favorite Fall Things

I LOVE THIS. Yea, and amen. Life is a cluttered counter and an overflowing sink. But life is also filled with beauty and glory. And in fact – a cluttered counter and an overflowing sink are beauteous in their own right! Thanks so much for your phenomenal writing, thinking, encouragement. I am so grateful for your presence in this world.
    Diana Trautwein´s last blog post ..31 Days in which I Am Saved by Beauty – Day 30

3. Yuko says

As I saw the first picture, I heard my 3-year-old fussing (my husband was watching the kids, and I was taking a little break). Then I saw the second pic and I laughed even harder. This is so true Emily. We seek peace and connectedness in the midst of our busy and messy life. Living is messy, but God’s love is tucked into every coner of that mess. Thanks for sharing!

4. molly says

I love that picture…..and that picture too below…..One calls me away like an eagle to soar and be free, the other says God will meet me right here. Thanks for sharing this morning.

How can God feel so huge and powerful and in control when I am in the first picture yet so lost in the midst of the second?

Your series has made it clear to me:
    Face to face with the first photo, we are hushed.
    In the midst of the second photo, He is hushed.
    It’s the struggle of my life to switch that around.

I’m so sad this series is nearing it’s end!
    Mindy Rogers´s last blog post ..Day 30: The Dream

So I’ve loved these posts, but do you know what really resonated with me today? The word “hush.” Except I say it “husshhhh.” As in

“. . . and a comb and a brush and a bowl full of mush
    and a quiet old lady who was whispering ‘hush’. . . .”

You know why she was whispering that? Because she was old and wise, and that’s what babies need to hear. Babies are a lot like grown-ups, aren’t they?

Now to keep your soul in the rocking chair of the mountains when the only mountains in view are those of the dirty dishes, dirty laundry, or papers.

Thank you for the images, all of them.
    Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog post ..Gallery Wall of Mirrors

7. Anna says

I really love this. I have been hearing the verse ‘All I have is yours’ a lot lately and I love the thought of it in so many ways including that all the resources of the God of those mountains are available to us in the moment by moment reality of life.

Thank you for writing about hush this month. I know you mentioned the contradictions of talking about being quiet, but I am so glad you did. Quiet doesn’t have to mean an absence of words. Words themselves can be quiet. Words that whisper to us instead of shouting, demanding. Words that calm instead of stir up. Words that usher in stillness.

Thanks for letting the Father whisper to my heart from this place this month.

And thanks for the pictures today. Made me smile.
    Kimberly´s last blog post ..When Empty Is Exactly What I Need To Be