for your weekend. ish.

So I tried to write a For Your Weekend post but all that keeps coming out is May your weekend be filled with chocolate. I know that might be accurate in my house considering all the many bags of Halloween candy we have strung about, I couldn’t come up with much.

Instead I guess I’ll turn this in to a For My Weekend post. Tonight The Man and I head out for a long-overdue date night. We’ll take journals and stored up stories and share them over a non-rushed dinner somewhere. But it’s November and this is the month where I always itch to see a movie in the theater so maybe we’ll tag that on the end of the night. I’m so out of it, I have no idea what’s good, if anything.

Any movie suggestions?

Comments

“May your weekend be filled with chocolate” – that one made me smile. Silly, silly…and I wish I could give you a recommendation, but being in Ireland at the moment means that I’m somewhat removed from the movie scene, too :P Have a great time, whatever ends up happening!
    sonika´s last blog post ..The milkman

2. Amanda says

Yay for chocolate and date nights. :) Have fun! We are going to see the new Bond movie tonight. I also want to see “The Perks of Being a Wallflower.” I’ve heard it is good and we enjoy independent films. I hope y’all have a beautiful and relaxing evening.

Going to see the Bond flick tonight and chocolate, it’s always a good idea! I get in the mood for the theater in the Fall too. Love the shift in seasons. Have a great weekend Emily.
    Shelly Miller´s last blog post ..Surrender

4. Melissa says

Movie Suggestion: Here Comes the Boom with Kevin James if still in theaters is very good. Laugh out loud kind of funny and the story is quite good as well. When I saw a preview the audience cheered at the end.

5. Jane @ See Jane Learn says

We might see a movie tonight too! Our 20 year old just saw Cloud Atlas and loved it. After watching the trailer I think it trumps James Bond. (I’ll be tucking some Halloween chocolate in my purse…) Have a fun date night, whatever you choose!
    Jane @ See Jane Learn´s last blog post ..Smitten With Sydney

• Kacey says

I’m curious to. I’ve never heard of taking journals on date night. Sounds like it could be fun and different, though.

Oh, I really like the journal idea. I’m sometimes more honest/thought-out/articulate on paper than I ever am in conversation, so I can totally see how this would be a rich way of connecting.
      sonika´s last blog post ..The milkman

Actually, we take our journals sometimes, not to write in them while we’re together, but to remind ourselves of things we wanted to share with each other. So I’ll pull mine out over dessert and tell him some things I’ve been thinking about and sometimes he does the same.

6. Rachael says

I know this comes as too late for your date night, but if you get a chance, definitely watch The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Wasn’t much advertised by Disney, but I promise you, it’s worth your time. Made me cry on my hubby’s shoulder and just . . . breathe. For second chances, and heart-wishes, and hoping growing in unexpected places and ways. See it. You’ll love it. :)