this is what happens when you publish live at midnight thirty

letting go of the try hard life

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”  - John 15:5

To remain means to stay where you already are. So the question is – where are you?

And is it a place worth staying?

I am a crazy person up at midnight dark thirty to publish this post. I’ll be waking up at five something dark o’clock to chat it up with Eric at New Life in Charlotte. If you’re up by 7 am EST, you can listen live online here. Or you know, don’t. Because who might not be making any sense in the morning? You guessed it.

Here’s what we’re talking about: Last week I introduced a video series I’m doing with New Life 91.9 called “Letting Go of Your Try Hard Life”. We’ll release a new video every Wednesday in January.

Well, it’s Wednesday! And it’s January. And we have a new video for you: Week 2: Remain. If you missed last week, you can see it here: Week 1: Receive.

There is also a short devotional here. I hope these words offer some encouragement to you today. Now I’m going to sleep for seven minutes before I have to wake up again. Amen.

Comments

1. Mandy says

I’m glad to know I’m not the only night owl out there! It’s only 11 p.m. here right now (I’m in Alaska), but I am often up well past midnight. Being an introvert at heart, who thrives on peace and quiet, it’s the only time of day that my soul can truly re-engergize and “breathe”! The rest of the day I’m a mom to 4 growing kids (ages 4 to 13)…and I babysit for 2 more little ones.

Thanks so much, Emily, for your words of truth and encouragement. I am a recovering “good girl” who stumbled on to your blog a couple months ago. I haven’t had a chance to get your book yet (I fully intend too!), but have really enjoyed your blog and several youtube interviews I’ve found with you…as well as this great video series! Thank you so much…you’ve spoken right to my heart. God bless you.

2. Rebecca Sarine says

I am sure you did fantastic! Thank you for making these videos. What a breath of fresh air. I am reminded today that my enoughness rests in God. He has already given me all that I need. I just need to open up and receive it. Be blessed and maybe you will get to take a nap later today? :)

3. Sherry says

Hi Emily,

I’m really enjoying these videos! I know that you consider yourself a writer who has to speak rather than a speaker who writes, but I hope it encourages you to know that I really enjoy hearing you as well as reading your words. You have a gentle, welcoming, and dare I say, graceful style that is lovely to watch. Blessings!

So I just popped in to say thank you for Grace for the Good Girl :) A sweet friend gave it to me and I just started reading it yesterday . God is already peeling lots and lots of scales off of my eyes and heart through the book. I went to my Bible study this morning and was telling my girlfriends about it, when one of them blurted out, “I was JUST listening to Emily Freeman on WMHK {a local Christian radio station}!” And then another said, “Me too! I couldn’t get out of the car because I needed to hear what she had to say!” So you are reaching the ladies of Florence, SC. Thank you, thank you!

If I could keep a girl from getting out of her car, I count that as a win.

So glad they listened in on WMHK! I had fun doing that yesterday.

Emily, I just had to stop by and tell you that I stayed up past 1:00 AM last night reading your book, “Grace for the Good Girl.” I kept telling myself, “Just one more page,” – but it was hard to put down. It just so related to my heart.

I’ll come back when I’m finished reading. But I just wanted to thank you for helping us remove those masks – especially for us *good girls* who find it necessary to keep them on perfectly straight…

GOD BLESS!
    Sharon´s last blog post ..DOWN IN THE DUMP

6. sarah says

I enjoyed the video. It really spoke to me and made me cry. I’ve heard so many times people saying everythings always about me, but I’ve never understood it. I am always looking to people to try to become what they want, so to me it seems it is all about them. I am almost 40 and this makes sense that you say it is out of fear and that we only need to receive life. But how? There is nothing that I care for other than to see someone smile and accept me. I’m not sure how to receive. Giving helps, but isn’t that even only to receive acceptance from the one I’m giving to?