one thing to read, two things to watch and a $10 diamond ring

Today I’m writing at (in)courage – One Painfully Obvious Thing a Genius Taught Me About Life. It’s a good thing, too, because after watching Downton last night, I’m not sure I can gather my wits together enough to come up with a fresh post.

Y’all. Y’all.

I will remain silent so as not to spoil things. Let’s just say I feel like I should have seen that coming, but I did not.

Also, I’m not quite finished with my Artists & Influencers post for this week. I know I said it was going to be a Monday series but it’s turning into a Tuesday series. I love being the boss of me.

The topic? The people who are teaching me about church. Will post that tomorrow.

Until then, wanted to also let you know this Wednesday we’ll release the fourth and final video in the Letting Go of the Try Hard Life video series. You can watch the previous three videos here.

My publisher and I partnered with several radio stations to produce these videos – so if you are in the Charlotte, Columbia and possibly some spots in Pennsylvania, I’ll be joining Eric in the studio again this Wednesday on the morning show. Or if you live anywhere, you can listen live online. I should have just said that first, I guess.

In summary – go here to read about my a-ha moment at the Apple Store and then when you take a mid-morning break from your work, you can watch the week 3 video in the Letting Go series (scroll half-way down the page).

Then when you need a longer break, watch last night’s episode of Downton. Because you have to.

See how I planned your Monday out for you? You’re welcome.

P.S. Sometimes I buy $10 diamond rings. My sister told me if I was 80 years old, that rock might be believable. My latest find is pictured above.

Comments

1. Melissa says

Downton is coming crashing down all around Robert Grantham… the drama in our house watching this is almost as good as the drama on the show. We have laughter, tears, and my daughter squeezing pillows or the poor person next to her on the sofa! It is almost painful to wait until next week. My husband has seen the entire season as he is in Europe and he will not divulge ANYTHING… he is just about killing us with his kindness! ;)

That’s why I feel like I should have known! It’s not like half the world hasn’t already seen what happens! They are really good secret keepers. Not that I went looking for spoilers or anything. But still.

I’m sticking my fingers in my ears. {lalalalalala . . . I can’t hear you . . . lalalalalala}

#StillOnSeason2 #BehindTheTimes #Yeah,IKnow
        Amy Hunt´s last blog post ..again

Please forgive the girl who doesn’t have a clue about Downtown. Anyway…just had to tell you that ring is beautiful. There are at least 4 girls above the age of 13 and 1 under in our house who would wear it in a heartbeat. Cute sister comment though. Totally something my girls would say to each other – LOL! Gotta love the sister love!

3. Kim says

Emily, as soon as she said she had swollen ankles and a headache I knew what it was and was screaming at the screen!!!!!!

So i tivo’d Downton last night, but we were a week behind due to a commitment last Sunday and so we haven’t watched it yet. Now, along with laundry and homeschooling- my Monday is steeped with regret. May drop everything and go watch it now, to which my husband will feel very sad later (if i, say, were to tell him…)
    Misty´s last blog post ..UPDATE!

I am D.Y.I.N.G. We were out at church last night, and missed the newest Downton. Aaand, I have to wait until tonight when the kids are in bed to watch it online with my husband. Yes, he loves some Downton too! Thank you for not spoiling it – - the suspense…
    Amanda B.´s last blog post ..self is after me

Oh I love that ring…I have bought many beautiful oversized diamonds and things. I even bought a beautiful blue stone (well probably glass) from an 80-year-old woman at a flea market. It was in it’s original red velvet box from so many years before. I loved the ring and the 80 year old woman. Both were beautiful! Missed Downton but didn’t miss hearing about it all day!!
    Elise Daly Parker´s last blog post ..Change – The One Word for the New Year I’m Resisting