12 things I learned in March

Here are 12 things I learned in March in no particular order:

1. Keifer Sutherland has a twin sister. I don’t know how I never knew this, but I didn’t. Now, because of this photo, I won’t ever forget it. And, you won’t forget it either. You’re welcome.

kiefer_sutherland_twin_sister

2. Evaporated cane juice is sugar. Nice try, though.

3. Natural peanut butter is not nearly as gross as I made it out to be in my mind. In fact, I don’t think I will ever go back to the . . . unnatural kind.

4. Evidently my idea of a long post and your idea of a long post is different. It seems people don’t care so much about how long a post is as long as you have something to say.

5. Everything is a Remix. This concept isn’t new to me, but watching this video drove the point home.

6. Omelet? Yes. French toast? Meh. I did not know this about myself until last week.

7. Audio books are the best thing ever. I learned this several years ago while listening to Jim Dale read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but I promptly forgot. And so I re-learned it this March. (This time it was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, if you must know. I’m often 5 years behind the world in reading books. I know this.)

8. I also learned they might be filming a movie of the book staring Kate Winslet as Juliet Ashton. This would be a win for everyone.

9. Dreaming with my husband is more powerful and life-giving than dreaming on my own.

10. I have seen 20 Julia Roberts movies (if you count her voice work for animation). This is still shocking to me. I don’t even consider myself a big Julia fan, but when I went on IMDb and clicked on Julia Roberts filmography and started counting, well. These are the kinds of things the internet makes possible for us to know about ourselves.

11. The actor who plays Deacon on Nashville and the actor who played Jim’s boss at the Stamford branch in The Office have always looked a lot alike to me. But I finally googled it and realized they look alike because they are THE SAME PERSON. Charles Esten. Mind equals blown.

12. It takes me a long time to process what I’m learning on a soul level. I knew this to an extent, but doing these posts have made that even more clear to me.

Last week I sent out my first real newsletter of the year. If you know you were signed up before Tuesday March 26 but didn’t receive it, email me with “newsletter” in the subject line and the email address you used to sign up and I’ll make sure you receive this next one. We had a few hiccups last week. If you haven’t signed up but want to receive tomorrows newsletter, you can do that here.

What is something you learned in March? (Clearly nothing is too insignificant. See also 10 Things I Learned in February.)

Comments

I love the way no detail is too insignificant. In that vein, I will offer you the fact that Charles Esten is Chip, and if you haven’t seen him on “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” you’ve missed out on some of the hardest laughing you’ll ever do! :)
    Richella at Imparting Grace´s last blog post ..For Easter Weekend

In March, I learned that my monthly youth group is good for my soul (I’ve known this for a while, but we actually organized ourselves and read James 1 beforehand this month. So good to talk and discuss and think with these brilliant people I have as friends), it is possible to crave a certain green smoothie (Pineapple Spice Cake, that stuff is delicious – and this is coming from a chocolate lover), and beautiful fonts bring me a lot of happiness (learned how to make my own fonts too – I made 4 this weekend and I’m itching to create more!).

Ps, I loved TGL&PPPS, I only read it in January so we can be behind on book reading together haha And I can’t wait for the movie!!

I learned that I know longer need to wish I was “Wonder Woman” because I do have a super power. The Spirit of the resurrected Christ lives in me.” — I am sure I had read this in Romans 8 before, but it hit me like a big 18 wheeler truck yesterday.
    Lyli@3dLessons4Life´s last blog post ..Wonder Woman

4. Lynn says

One thing I knew deep in my heart but needed reminding of on a LOUDER basis….It would be better to be a blessing to a cashier than to save $1 with a coupon.

5. Bonnie Jean says

That I need to “start over” … I need to start going through the “archaeological dig” of my life and separate the trash from the treasure… and with God’s help learn to deal with it… experience the deeply buried pain… and let it go. I cannot go another month… day… year… without making some changes to “find myself” somewhere underneath all of that rubble and pain.

Aww wish you were closer to Indy! Our book club is also way behind and reading the Potato Peel book this month. :-) it’s our annual tea party too, where we pretend to be fancy :-)

I learned that you and I google the same people and same things. You must have wikipedia and imdb on your web browser right now since you must look at it as often as I do.

I learned that I LOVE Oolong Tea.
    I learned that you can find out the average monthly weather for your area, way in advance on the http://www.weather.com
    I learned that if I straighten my hair everyone thinks I’m ten years younger than I am and therefore I now straighten my hair regularly :D

I did not know Keifer had a twin!

And Jim Dale’s reading of Harry Potter? The BEST ever. Love it so much. And speaking of HP, I learned a couple weeks ago that the actor who played Snape in the movies also played the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood.
    I’m not sure why I love playing connect-the-acting-gig dots so much, but I do.
    Kristen-Chasing Blue Skies´s last blog post ..Hope Rises

• Melissa D says

Wow, that’s Alan Rickman. If you haven’t seen him in Sense and Sensibility, you must rent it immediately!

• Melissa L. says

Sense and Sensibility is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time! Alan Rickman is awesome in it.

In March…

Oh my goodness, I feel like March has been life-changing for me. I learned that what seems like God’s “good” for me might not always be…. but that His plan for me is abundant life beyond my wildest dreams. I learned that God asks us to let go of what we thought we wanted so He can give us what HE knows will actually fulfill our hearts at the deepest level.

And… I learned (and am still learning) a million things about writing.

Thanks Emily for being so pivotal in my March-life. :)
    Dana Butler´s last blog post ..Why I’m Coming Out of Hiding [Sharing My Process With Y’all]

10. Mindy Seekford says

I learned that the old saying,”march comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb” isn’t always true. March was a lion pretty much the entire month:)
    I also learned that I love you and your Dad’s blogs. I learned that everything fits and that is such a better perspective the the “if only” one.

I am excited about the Guernsey movie possibility! I read it a couple of years ago but I resisted for a long time because the premise didn’t intrigue me. I was such a fool.

The Remix video is so interesting. I knew a lot of sampling went on in music but didn’t realize just how many songs shared a common beat. Also, I went over to imdb just because I was curious. 22 Julia Roberts movies.
    HopefulLeigh´s last blog post ..What I’m Into (March 2013 Links Edition)

12. Mai says

I’m totally addicted to audio books too! I have an hour-long commute home from work each day, and listening to a good book is the perfect way to really get out of the office mindset before going home.

This month I learned that I love salmon, but only if I cook it the way Pioneer Woman details on her blog. I was never a fish person, but I think I could eat that every night. Pair it with some wild rice and steamed broccoli and I nearly fall over it’s so good.

We switched to natural peanut butter a few months ago and have never looked back. I am absolutely hooked on the Maranatha Organic smooth stuff. SO GOOD. I’ve been known to sneak in and eat it by the spoonful if I’m home alone.

I learned what all the fuss was about with Downton Abbey. I got on a wait list for the 1st season DVD at the library in January at the great urging of a friend. Finally became available in early March. 2 1/2 weeks later, my husband and I had watched all 3 seasons (we downloaded the 2nd and 3rd seasons from iTunes through Apple TV). Hook. Line. Sinker. Loved it. My husband was so surprised how much he loved it.

Kiefer’s twin…oh, April Fools’ joke! His Dad, AKA President Snow, is in my building, very theatrical and private. But fun to share an elevator with!

I super enjoy this monthly post! I need to get on the audiobook bandwagon.

I learned that I am not alone in my crusade against the rampant overuse of the apostrophe, the 2009 BBC version of Emma is the greatest ever (in Harry Potter-related news, Michael Gambon plays Mr. Woodhouse and gets the best lines), and you can cure mastitis with raw potato and lots of garlic.
    Jenn @ A Simple Haven´s last blog post ..On Babies and Timing, Part I