Today I’m working hard towards meeting a deadline for A Million Little Ways so all real writing and thinking is reserved for that. But I wanted to pop in here and offer you a quick invitation.
Reader Karen left a comment on my “What I Learned in May” post that I should host a link up on my next “What I Learned” post and invite you to share what you learn as well. So let’s do that!
I’m telling you now so you’ll be paying attention all month. Then write a post on your own blog with a simple list of what you learned in June and meet me back here on Friday June 28 ready to link them up. Some tips on what to share?
- Educational and Informative: In other words, things that make you say, “What?! I can’t believe I didn’t now that!” ex: how the volume button on the iPhone can also be used to snap photos. (See Things I learned in May).
- Mindless celebrity connections: ex: How May Whitman plays Amber from Parenthood and also played Bernice from Hope Floats. (See Things I Learned in February). These are fun for the whole crowd.
- New services or products you use that you realize you either love, hate, or are confused by. ex: how I learned I love Stitch Fix (See Things I learned in May). These will make all of our lives better.
- Weird quirks you have: ex: How I finally realized that every time I type Chris it comes out Christ. (See Things I Learned in April). These give us permission to point and laugh and then say oh wait, I do that too.
- Inspirational and Introspective. ex: How I realized dreaming with my husband is more powerful and life-giving than dreaming on my own. (See Things I Learned in March). These will remind us of what is important.
There are no rules, but maybe these ideas can get you started. So mark it down for June 28, open your eyes, take notes on the backs of receipts crumpled at the bottom of your purse, and pay attention to what you learn in June. Whether profound or ridiculous, all lessons are welcome and celebrated.
I think it will be fun. Will you join us?