What’s Coming Up at CATS

Several years after starting this blog, somewhere around 2008, I was going along, taking myself seriously writing all my thoughts and what-nots. Then, one day in the midst of a blog re-design, I get an email from my designer titled “CATS ideas”. I’m all, Why is she giving me ideas about cats?  I don’t even have a cat.

chatting at the sky

It took me way too much thought and confusion before finally, oh. CATS. Chatting at the Sky. It could be worse, I guess.  Those poor people whose blog names are See High in Texas. Or Have Every Little Lovely. I’ll take the cats.

It’s innevitable these things come down to acronyms. Now it’s normal for me to refer to the blog as CATS, though I try to limit this to my own notes and private lists, lest someone be confused and think I have an actual cat blog. My books are all abbreviated, too. GftGG (pronounced G-fa-da-GG) and AMLW (pronounced A-EM-EL-Way).

While I’m at it, when I’m counting money by twenties? “Tootie-Forty-Sixty-Eighty.” I don’t know what to say about that.

So in CATS news (when typing, it always comes out CAYS first without exception) here is what’s coming up:

April 25-26 :: (in)courage in Real Life is today and tomorrow. Are you signed up to watch? It’s free.

April 27 ::  John preaches at our church! If you’re local, come visit Hope Chapel and listen to John talk about Colossians and Jesus and the hidden life.

April 30:  We’ll share What We Learned in April, our monthly community link up. Do you have your list ready?

May 1 :: The second month of Hope*ologie content will roll out with a brand new focus. April our theme has been Goals and Intention. May is all about Embracing Imperfection. I’m actually in Charlotte right now, recording, writing, and finishing up Hope* content for May. April is still live until the 30th, so if you join now you’ll have access to both months.

hopeologie instagram

Follow hope*ologie on Instagram.

May 3 :: The Nesting Place book release party in Cornelius, NC. Go here for all the details. John and I will be there with the whole family to celebrate my sister’s beautiful new book. And all those waiting for permission to fully embrace the imperfect home we’re in breathe a sweet sigh of relief because finally, a book for us.

July 24-25 :: I’ll be at the She Speaks Conference again this summer, offering two workshops this year: From Blog to Book with my editor, Andrea Doering, during the pre-conference on Thursday and Back to the Basics: Write Like an Artist during the main conference on Friday. I hope to see some of you there.

And finally, last week I ran a guest post by my friend Claire, where she offered to give her book away to 3 people. The winners of her new book, Hope Runs, are Dolly at Soul Stops, LeeAnn Taylor, Debby Sheldon. Check your email for details.

Hope to see some of you soon!

Comments

Hello CATS, I’m LITR, I think we need each other…. ;) (I’m actually laughing my head off at how well our acronyms match up). Anyways, I’ll be over here if you need to relieve yourself.

On a serious note, looking forward to all that’s ahead for you! :)
    Kailey´s last blog post ..Five Minute Friday: Friend

I used to work at a bank and had a gentleman write a check for 50 cash, he spelled it f-i-d-d-y. I still chuckle at that.

Exciting happenings, and I’m extra excited to be at She Speaks :)
    Gina´s last blog post ..the in between

Great. I never thought about my blogs acronym! The first word of my blog name is two words written as one, so whichever way you slice it I am either SLAC or SAC. Oh well. CATS in my neck of the woods would probably be translated as the Kentucky Wildcats – you’d have lots of crazy fans checking out your blog! I am going to check out the She Speaks Conference details – sounds like a wonderful two days.
    Teresa´s last blog post ..The Day In Between

I love the way your mind works…the wandering ramble of your thoughts is so familiar and personal to me. It isn’t often I feel normal in this world but I always feel known and understood when I read your words. Thank you for every single letter you put down.

5. Janet says

That is too funny Emily. I think it would have taken me a while too.
    I would love to hear John’s sermon, anyway it can be made available to your readers?
    Hope*ologie was awesome and I am looking forward to a new month :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

{Melinda} I’m going to be at She Speaks, too. Was blessed to hear you and Andrea give your talk on Blog to Book Deal. :) The next year at She Speaks my blogging partner and I were able to see that become a reality for us, too. Our blog, Mothering From Scratch, birthed a book that will be released by Bethany House in Jan. 2015.

You’ve been an encouragement and an inspiration, Emily. :)
    Mothering from Scratch´s last blog post ..how to help kids make prayer a habit

Haha, I had a similar moment writing to my designer about my blog… SOS!
    Didn’t want it to sound like an emergency all the time… But it is handy that it’s memorable :) also, reading those other examples I realise.. It could be worse.