A Free Night Out at the End of Summer

Here in North Carolina we have two full weeks left until school starts and I’m working hard to soak them in. If I’m not careful, I can have my eyes trained so carefully on our fall schedule that I forget to look down at where we stand today, hanging on to the tail end of pool days, long mornings, and late night movie times.

summertime

Another way I’m trying to soak in summer is to be intentional with some of our friends, as I know once school starts back it might be more difficult to coordinate schedules. In the past several weeks, we’ve had a few different families over for dinner as well as spent time with our community group from church.

A few weeks ago, my friend Kendra and I left town for a few fun nights away – oh the luxury! In the six years we’ve been friends, that was the first time we’ve taken a trip together.

I love my girlfriends and long to have more time with them, but with families and jobs and life, it isn’t always easy to find the time (or let’s face it, the money) to do something fun with friends.

Maybe before the fall schedule kicks in, you’ll find a way to squeeze a little friend time into your weekends or your lunch times or your Sunday afternoons.

Might I even suggest a specific event? If you’re local-ish, you can grab your girlfriends and join me for a girls night out event in Charlotte!

charlotte ncI’ve never lived in Charlotte but sometimes I forget that for as much as it feels like home. This fall I’ll be spending even more time in the Queen City as New Life 91.9 has chosen A Million Little Ways as their fall book club pick. To kick it off, they’re hosting a girls night out and I hope if you’re local-ish you’ll be able to join us.

919 Girls Night Out

The even more fun part – and this is where I get giddy – is the artists who will be performing that night. First up, Dara Maclean. I met Dara last fall in Florida during Girls of Grace. I liked her instantly. She is warm and approachable and super talented.

Dara Maclean and Emily P Freeman

And then, THEN I found out a second artist will perform that night and I almost cried when I learned who it was:

ellie holcomb image by @texturephotophoto by @texturephoto

Ellie Holcomb! I haven’t met Ellie yet but I’ve been hoping to for a while now, ever since I bought her first album and listened to it on repeat for several months straight.

emily, ellie, dara
Seats are limited but tickets are free with a donation to Bright Blessings. All the information you need to know to reserve your ticket is on the New Life 91.9 website. Let me know if you plan on coming!

Hope to see you there. But if not, I hope you’re able to find some time to spend with friends sooner rather than later.

Comments

Thanks my friend for the encouragement today. Spending time with friends before the fall sets in. My 35th High School Reunion is coming up soon. It will be a pleasure reconnecting and having some girl time. Been way tooo long.

Such a good reminder that summer is drawing to a close and we need to be intentional with how we spend it! I’m due with my first baby in a little less than two weeks, so I’m doing my best to set aside work and chores and instead enjoy the simple things I won’t get to do as often once baby is here.
    Ashley Brooks´s last blog post ..Coffee Talk: Lasts

Ellie is the absolute greatest. One of the most down to earth friends a girl can have. Her and her husband share a passion for sharing Jesus by the way they love and interact with others. Hope you enjoy getting to meet her!
    Ali´s last blog post ..Who am I?

Ahhhh-mazing! Wonderfulness! Radio! Book Club! Concert! Ellie Holcomb!
    Stop the press —- for a million little things!

I just wish I lived closer :)

So much love to you, Emily….
    a

5. Jen says

I need to be intentional with summer days too! Each day is a gift!!! What will the event entail? Sounds fun!

Still will drive in Ichiro some and keep a decent BA. When Hamilton hit two home runs Friday night
    against the Angels, there was a genuine sense
    that their only option was to walk him or he would simply hit another.
    Last year was basically a lost cause for Ellsbury, primarily due to Adrian Beltre
    trampling him while chasing a pop fly.
    Charlotte´s last blog post ..Charlotte

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i
    know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates
    unique, SEO friendly posts in minutes, just search in google – laranitas
    free content source